Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A "HOT" VICTORY

1 down 15 to go. Yes the Skins won the opener Sunday as predicted here in a low scoring game that the Skins pulled out late. Who cares how they did it or how long it took a "W" is a "W" and we got one. We only need four more wins to match last seasons totals!

The day started early leaving Richmond about 7:30am and headed up 95 seeing a bunch of Skins fans on the way with their car flags flying. Did see one idiot Dolphin car which was in the emergency lane broken down hopefully he did not make it! Got to the FedEx parking lot about 9:30am unloaded the car and set up the tailgate. Nothing like starting the morning with a Coors Light and a few burgundy and gold jello shots.



Got to see a nice Motorized Cooler! that the guy parked next to us had which looked like a nice ride but I could probably get into a little trouble with it after a few drinks. A new issue that I have with the Danny as far as the parking lot is the major decrease in don johns. I thought maybe during the pre-season they just cut back because of less fans but after Sunday I found out quickly that was not the case. You need to walk about 100 yards to get to the "John" compared to years past when they were every 35 yards or so. The Danny is always looking for ways to cut back but now he is affecting my bladder which I won't stand for. I am thinking I might have to forget the Motorized Cooler idea and get a pickup with a "John" in the back?



Also celebrating Dad's birthday at the game we of course had to incorporate the Skins so what better then a home made Redskins cake made by Lisa? So after the food, cake, brew, and more Jello shots it was time for the stuff to be packed back up in the car and get inside for the show.



As for the game I think it was a loss for the Skins loosing Jansen for the year, but I think there are other positions in which we have less depth so I think we are lucky at least for that. Issue is that it's only week 2 and we are already having some more injury problems. Todd Wade should step right in for Jansen and hopefully the line won't miss a beat. Uncle Al's play calling actually surprised me and was a bit conservative? I don't remember seeing any of his famous wide out screens or maybe they were worried Santana would drop one of those as well? We did get to see Randle El on a reverse which was nothing but a loss since the Dolphins seemed to have been waiting for it. I was impressed with Portis for sure and a bit surprised with his hard running. One player I was not impressed by was B.Lloyd. He did not look too happy between plays/series on the sidelines and did not make much of an effort on that "Int" in the end zone. Maybe this is why another receiver was brought in today; guess we will wait and see on that? As for the "D" I was expecting a lot more blitzing then I saw maybe Williams did not want to show much this early? Or maybe he could not risk it with Smoot getting abused on the field and dropping a big "Int" late in the game. I still think Shawn Springs could be traded and that is the reason they are keeping his reps down to prevent injury in hopes a team will be calling and offering up something good. The way Smoot and Rogers played last weekend I am not so sure that Springs should be traded. I have a feeling the coaches/management are still upset with him for being the possible ESPN Rat last year and not negotiating a more cap friendly salary in the offseason. Just my theory though.

Another take away from the game is it appears that the Funky 4 are no longer! No appearances at least for them during the pre-season nor on Sunday.

Big game Monday night in Philly! This will be a good test since the Eagles should be mad about losing to the Packers last weekend. If the Skins pull this one off I might up my win count to 12 and they should be 6-0 headed into New England. One game at a time though and the Skins need to think only about the Eagles for now and their jack-ass fans.

No comments: