Thursday, September 6, 2007

Adios Ade! Hello Victory or at least I hope?


The regular season is finally here and all should be feeling pretty good from what we saw during the preseason. As expected the offense did not show much due to injuries and Uncle Al's "Vanilla" liking. The "D" which wins you games late in the season looked great and more importantly stayed healthy.

As for some business the final cuts were made last weekend! FINALLY Ade Jimoh got the axe which could be a good sign. Since Ade has been on the team myself and 90,000 other Skins fans have cursed at him every home game including when he decided to flip jersey #'s to change his luck and to stop the booos. He did suprise me a bit in 2005 when he made some nice Special Team tackles late in the season, and yes even during the PLAYOFFS. I guess the coaches don't need his Special Team play now that Derrick Frost has become the leading tackler on the team during the preseason. Credit Frost for not taking his helmet off on the field (yet)and getting a 15rd penalty (Super Smart!). I am wondering who will be the new "Whipping Boy" of the team for the fans this year since there is no Ade, Archuletta, and the Kickers seem to be doing ok so far. Hopefully we won't have a stand out dumb-ass on Sunday but with the Skins you can almost count on it during the first series.

As for this weekend's game I am feeling real good about our Defense and shutting down the Dolphins; though I am a bit worried about the Offense. Chris Samuels typically does not play well against fast pass rushers and he will be going up against Jason Taylor without much work over the past month. I just hope Uncle Al actually lines Samuels up to take on Taylor and does not have Cooley blocking Taylor by himself on some crazy plays. All in all I can't imagine the Skins not winning Sunday at home but I also did not think they would lose in the opener last season against the Vikings. I know one thing and that is the Skins are 2-1 in home openers since Gibbs returned but have only averaged 13 points during these games. I think we get at least 20 on Sunday with the Defense and Special Team giving the Offense a nice short field leading the Skins to a victory!

1-0 and still on par for my predicted 11 wins this season!

No comments: