Tuesday, November 27, 2007

R.I.P. SEAN TAYLOR


Wow...Where to start?? It's kind of odd how it ended for Taylor "on the field". Going down with a sprained knee in the first half against the Eagles on November 11th. The injury was not odd or strange but his exit was. Usually the player would get checked out on the field by a trainer and helped to the sideline with a fans applause. In Taylor's case he went down in the end-zone after the play was over got up after a few seconds and hobbled directly into the tunnel by himself. Most of the fans and players did not even see him leaving the field since the next play was already started when Taylor got into the tunnel. Who would know this would be the last time we would see him in the Skins uniform and on the field or more importantly lead up to the last few weeks of his life?

It definitely seemed Taylor had changed this year. In years past you would see him on the sidelines sitting by himself or standing with a kicker or punter? But this year I saw him sitting with the rest of the defensive players and actually giving high-fives to all. The players actually elected him as a "committee" member to represent them in talks with Coach Gibbs. Just when everything seems to be falling into place for him this happens.

As for my shining moment with Taylor - Outside leaving FedEx after a pre-season game 3 years ago I was able to scoot around a security guard and "accost"(basically go crazy in excitement in meeting him!)Sean on his way to his car. To my disappointment I think he was more surprised with me then I was with him not hitting me back and actually shacking my hand....maybe this guy was not so tough off the field?

Video of his first season (#36) highlights - Seems like enough plays for an entire career...

R.I.P - #36/21

No comments: